35+ years of excellence in business.
Over 50 years specializing in fluid dynamics.
The Delta Valve
The Galigher DELTA Valve is a simple, effective valve developed for controlling corrosives and abrasives in suspension. It is used in numerous industries including chemical, mining, paper, steel, fertilizer, power generation, oil field and coal.
It is operated by air or liquid introduced between the metal casing and the rubber or synthetic elastomer liner. The actuating pressure does not need to be more than 20 psi greater than that of the material being controlled within the line to effect a drop-tight shut-off. Lower pressure is used for controlling the flow.
- No sharp fold to cause premature failure
- Less strain on liner due to lower pressure
- Longer service life. Many applications over 1,000,000 cycles
- High frequency cycle life. Many applications 5 to 7 cycles a minute, 24 hours per day, 3 to 5 months without replacement
- Less maintenance
- Easier replacement
- Identical pieces. Replace only the worn-out half
- Liners can be reversed end to end should there be a definite wear pattern
- Costs less. All service factors considered